Hens and Chickens

Hens and Chickens

Tuesday, 15 January 2013

A very belated update - sorry!

My sincere apologies for not posting for a while. Christmas and the New Year have occupied me, along with hubby's various ailments, and I have had no time at all to sit down and write.
We are awaiting yet more test results for my husband's poorly chest which has wreaked havoc on him since October. Hopefully we will know by Wednesday what is going on and all will be good.

We were very sad to lose one of our ducks just before Christmas. The other five seem well, and are quite partial to a bit of snow, but do not like it when the ground freezes. Neither do I!

Christmas was over in the blink of an eye.  We spent the day at home with our eldest son and hubby's brother.  My grandchildren visited in the morning and were such fun. No sewing for me that day!

My new sampler, Dorcas Haynes has arrived, but I will post more about that on Nicola's Scarlet Letter Challenge blog.  I am not tempted to start just yet, as I really want to finish my Blue Ribbon Sampler.  My new Millenium frame arrived, along with a new stand, which has been invaluable for working on the BRS. 


My Blue Ribbon Sampler so far.
I have managed to place the first three of the nine smaller samplers, and I am slowly working my way through them all, from left to right.  I love the colours in this sampler, they are both subtle and vibrant.  I have managed to interpret Olwyn's charts correctly, apart from one mistake made in the right hand corner, when stitching the dark green border.  Thankfully it was relatively easy to unpick and redo and didn't impact on anything else. The right hand border is a pleasure to stitch and I can honestly say that (so far) every stitch has been a pleasure.  My eyes are feeling the strain though!

Wishing you all health and happiness in 2013 xx

Ms Divers x



1 comment:

  1. BRS is looking amazing, I am so pleased you are enjoying her and your Millennium frame. I would not be without mine.

    ReplyDelete