Hens and Chickens

Hens and Chickens

Monday, 16 July 2012

Two thousand bricks...and counting!

The last few days have been spent laying brickslip after brickslip, until the inevitable happened.  I ran out. When I first calculated the amount of slips I needed, I never thought to include the inner walls.  Of course, once I had started, it was obvious that they needed to be done.  I couldn't miss an opportunity to make a walled garden after all!

Huge thanks to the wonderful folks at Richard Stacey who rushed my order through to enable me to continue - and hopefully finish.


Here you can see the walled garden is coming on well.  I am really pleased with it, all I have to do now is to grout it in, but I want to wait until the crazy paving is laid on the basement floor.  

You can also see the flagstones on the pavement here.  Unfortunately, I rushed into this job, without thinking it through properly, so some of these are going to have to come off and be redone.









This  is the current view from the front.  I am working on bricking around the bay window, which is quite tricky, and I can't help but think that there must be an easier way.  I'm working on it.....














Lastly, here are some of the interior panels painted up, ready to be glued into place at some point.  The kitchen's colour scheme is green, and the scullery is cream.  I haven't decided on the colour for the hall, so it looks like another trip to Homebase is in order. 

I've also been spending a lot of time on the 'Bay. There are some very talented minaturists on there, selling their own handmade creations.  

Oh, and I managed to bag myself a bargain - my next project - Springwood Cottage.

Happy days!

Ms Divers x

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Christine, it is looking fabulous so far. I look forward to seeing more of this house!

    ReplyDelete