Hens and Chickens

Hens and Chickens

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Sealing and Painting

With the dry build all done, the missing part received from Dolls House Emporium (very quickly, I must add) it was time to get on to the job of sealing and painting the basement before gluing it together.  I had already decided that I would paint all the ceilings before assembling, as I well remember how hard it was to do once the house is assembled.  Plus I am a little old to be standing on my head.



So I duly mixed up a 50/50 mix of PVA glue and water and started to paint each MDF piece.  This really didn't take long at all.  Once dry, I decided I would give each piece a coat of white matt emulsion.  In reality, I gave two coats, and three or four for the ceilings, sanding in between coats to give a nice smooth finish.


Here it is all undercoated and ready for the next stage - adding some of the finer details, starting with the bay windows. I had already spent two evenings gluing on the detailing around the bay window, which wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.  Next job is painting the (working) sash windows, and then picking out the detail on the bay window in a suitable colour.  


At this point I am very happy with the way the house is shaping up, but only just beginning to realise that this is not going to be a weekend project!

Ms Divers x

No comments:

Post a Comment