Hens and Chickens

Hens and Chickens

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

More Paint, Less Speed

Suddenly I have become Homebase's best customer.  I spend hours in their paint aisles - in fact so long that I suspect the shop assistants suspect that I am up to no good.  Unfortunately for them, I am not, I am simply perusing all the many tester paint pots and trying to decide what colour to use to paint the sash windows, the door, the "sandstone" window surround etc etc.  These decisions do not come easily to an interior decorator challenged old fogey like myself. 


First I had to decide on the colour of the "sandstone" bay window, pictured above.  I settled on what I thought was an appropriate colour, although I have to say that now it is out of the pot and onto the wood, I am not so sure.  The sash windows were to be painted two colours - dark brown and off white, and I was relieved to find that the windows came apart so that I could remove the perspex for easy painting.  After a couple of evenings, all was painted.


I think it looks suitably Victorian.  What do you think?

Ms Divers x

No comments:

Post a Comment