Hens and Chickens

Hens and Chickens

Saturday, 21 July 2012

Little things.

I've been spending a lot of time on EBay in the Doll's House Miniatures section.  I've been amazed at how talented some of the listers are.  You can literally find anything in 1/12th scale - I found a miniature Seabrook's box of crisps - my sister works there!

As I am currently working on the kitchen and scullery parts of my basement, I admit to being tempted more than once, much to husband's amusement.  


After working so hard on my walled garden, I felt a few flowers were in order!  I couldn't resist the hanging baskets, and the picture really doesn't do them justice.  Tulips are also a favourite of mine, but I never have much luck with them in my heavy clay garden.  I'm hoping I can't go wrong with these.


The detail on these miniature vegetables is amazing, and the mixing bowl is so delicate.  I bought the baskets to fill myself with vegetables.


And on to the inevitable soft furnishings! My eyesight won't allow me to crochet or knit so finely now, I am in awe of anyone who can.  I hope to make a miniature patchwork quilt, and might even stitch one or two rugs, but that will be it, my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

Work is continuing on the brickslips, and I have finally decided on a colour for the hall part of the basement.  The brickslips continue to confound me at every turn, but I am sure they will be worth it when they are done.  However, I have to say the whole experience has somewhat put me off attempting the same on the exterior of the house.  I've had a break away from them for a few days, as I had come to the point when I could not see what was level and what wasn't.  I'm starting to feel a bit better about the whole thing though, and if it wasn't for the sun which has made an unexpected appearance today, I would be beavering away at them again.  

Ms Divers x



No comments:

Post a Comment