Hens and Chickens

Hens and Chickens

Saturday, 30 June 2012

Here I go again!

I couldn't wait to unwrap my new acquisition, but oh dear, oh dear, delight gave way to despair as the realisation dawned on me of what I was taking on - a mammoth task!  I couldn't believe how big the house was, and how heavy!

My first hurdle - finding somewhere to construct my gigantic "minature" house.  Since we downsized a few years ago, space for hobbies has been at a premium, and to date all available space has been bagged for music, sewing etc.  There was nothing for it.  I would have to commandeer the conservatory.  

The first thing I did was open the boxes, find the instructions and read from cover to cover.      
I must say, they were surprisingly good.  The first recommendation was that I check each package, and identify each part.  Although this took quite a while, I did discover that one (yes, just one) door corbel was missing.  Not bad considering how many parts make up the whole.  A quick phone call soon sorted this out, and the missing part arrived the next day.

I decided to pack away the house and concentrate on just the basement for now.  My head, at this point, was teeming with ideas, but I had to be patient, as the first thing to do was to "dry build" the basement to check that it all fitted together properly.  This didn't take long, and gave me a glimpse of how it would look when finished. I'm afraid you will have to use your imagination a bit, but I can already see it in all it's Victorian glory!

Ms Divers x

No comments:

Post a Comment