Hens and Chickens

Hens and Chickens

Saturday, 12 May 2012

The Joys of Diversity

From making a quilt for my grandkids to planting my potatoes to digital photography - how did my life become so diverse?

Well, I have always liked sewing and quilting, so it's not surprising that my new freedom has given me more time to design and sew.

But I'd never planted a spud in my life until we bought our country home, and happily retreated there four years ago. Now I have a very productive veg plot which just keeps growing and growing.

And it's a long standing joke amongst my family and friends that I am rubbish with a camera, but my anniversary present - a Canon EOS600D - will hopefully change that.

My philosophy is simple - "Never give up... never surrender!" (Thanks to Galaxy Quest for that quote - oh umm, yes, I am a bit of a film buff too). To bravely go into my twilight years fit and raring to go, ready for any challenge, and when I slide into my grave, it will have been one hell of a ride!

Ms Divers x

2 comments:

  1. How have you got on with your Canon. I love mine. I also love your blog, have has great fun reading your posts. N xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mine too, it gives me a lot of pleasure, although I feel I still have a lot to learn :-)

      Delete